Sunday 14 October 2018

Appreciation!

I realise that I have not acknowledged all the wonderful loving kindness of my family and friends over the last nine, now nearly ten weeks of being a patient! Everyone has been phenomenal and I have received beautiful cards full of encouraging words, letters and phone calls. I've been ferried about and looked after, helped with major decisions and kept company at my chemo sessions even when I fall asleep. So here and now I want to say 'a big THANK YOU' to you all and thank you especially to the stoic ones who haven't become bored with me and shower me with their love, keep me laughing and smiling and distracted.  All loved by me too. I'm not going to write about my family as they know how much I love them and what strength they give me - they are all the most precious jewels and I am so lucky. This postscript must be added, however, because today I received the most unexpected parcel from my four elder grandchildren.  Such a surprise! Inside I discovered the most luxurious sheepskin slipper boots one could ever wish for...


My feet have been very sore and numb (neuropathy to those in the know!) and these slippers are B..L..I..S..S. Not sure I will ever take them off.  A huge thank you to these wonderful children from their everloving Granny T.


I could write so much about my wig experience (if you're ever in the same position, do email and I can fill you in) which was made so easy being accompanied on several occasions by another loving friend. The wig expert was fun and kind and knew exactly what I wanted. The only scary bit was having my hair shaved off and looking like Yul Brynner! However, this enabled me to wear my lovely turbans bought for me by a dear friend whose husband died in June after living for many years with cancer.


Our families have been close friends for forty six years and my greatest sadness is that I have only been able to give support by phone and email as she lives too far away for me to visit at the moment. Her grief is far worse than my problem but, I suppose, we will both mend eventually!



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the post Victoria. We all know how much you have done and continue to do for anyone lucky enough to be in the orbit of your life. Time now for you to be receiving the same, ten fold! xxx

    ReplyDelete