Saturday 15 December 2018

Moving On

A week free from chemo! Like being on a marvellous holiday in the sunny Alps, free to do anything! 

Well, almost anything. My taste came back towards the end of that week and I felt really great apart from my feet - and I seemed more 'with it'!

The new chemo, a rather bright red liquid in 2 large syringes and a colourless single large syringe, were administered very slowly five days ago.  It's not my intention to dwell on my illness as I have said before but as this is a new event, I thought I might share it with you especially as I was sooo tired right from the beginning.  I couldn't believe that it would affect me so quickly and I was totally unprepared.  I've been sailing along for all these weeks without major, major effects and suddenly wherever I am sitting, I fall asleep.  Not just a snooze but absolutely asleep.

These days I have extreme light headedness and wonder where this is all going to end up. My legs and feet swell and I am breathless in the night and coming up stairs. Consequently, I end up in A&E on Saturday evening with no Strictly to watch!



No comments:

Post a Comment