Saturday 25 December 2021

THE CHRISTMAS BOMBARDMENT

Two weeks ago, my two sisters-in-law came to tea, all the way from our childhood home of Fowey, Cornwall, and it was lovely. It was so sweet of them to come, and fortunately I had already had my infusion, after several days of feeling absolutely awful.

I have mixed feelings about this time of year, perhaps heightened by these days of feeling awful... but I wonder if you feel the same way about the bombardment by people who need some money? They are all really good causes but you can't decide which one... should you give a little bit to this one, and a little bit to that one, or all to one charity? When you're not feeling amazing yourself, can you find the energy for it, or do you just shut your mind to it, and not worry about it at all? 

There is one charity I know I am going to give to this year, and that is the Arthur Rank Hospice Charity. It is the most amazing place - an incredible building, with the most amazing help made available. I have had some counselling there already, and have more sessions to come. I can just say what I feel, which is wonderful. Perhaps that is what decides the choice in the end... we give to the place that touches our heart through the most personal connection.


(Images: Fowey, Arthur Rank Hospice and Bloomsbury Therapy Centre)

No comments:

Post a Comment